Where are the batteries?

Today is one of those days I will be going, and going, and going, but unlike the Energizer Bunny, I don’t have Energizer batteries to keep me moving. I do have rechargeable batteries but sad to say even those kinds of batteries drain way too fast. Just last night I tried recharging them, but when I woke up this morning they were only part way full.

I’m not exactly sure how to change out the batteries for my body. I have never actually found the battery door in order to replace them. They must be the irreplaceable kind. Maybe you know where it’s located and could give me a few pointers.

When I have a phone that starts losing its charge and replacing the batteries doesn’t fix the problem, I simply upgrade the phone. It’s easy to do too. Just go to the store or visit their website, and boom…upgrade. Has anyone found out if there’s an upgrade model for their body? I think mine must be a lifetime, one-of-a-kind model. Boy, do I need an upgrade.

Since there’s no way of upgrading or replacing my body, I guess I need to be kinder and more gentler with it in order to keep it going as long as it can. I try my best to rest, take lots of breaks and not to push it too far. Of course that last part is not as easy as it sounds.

Life is busy and there are lots of things that need to get done in a day. It all comes down to making choices about what you can and can’t do in any given moment. Saying no to someone really is an option. I’ve learned that the hard way and keep learning that more and more as time goes by.

If your body model is losing it’s charge like mine, be sure to take care of it. Don’t overdo things only to regret it later. There’s only one you. You’re a one-of-a-kind, irreplaceable “you.” Take care of yourself. Be kind and gentle to your body, and rest when necessary.

Do what you can today and leave the rest for another day. You matter more than a to-do list or a schedule. You are amazing just as you are…MS and all. Today, do something for YOU!

1. Lori
    Lori says:

Oh I wish I could slow down. On the rare occasion I do get to rest, I’ve usually pushed so hard I’m sick. Maybe one day.

2. Bianca,
    Bianca, says:

I got excited when I saw sign on a building which read :BODY SHOP’ I made a run at it only to find that it was full of cars in assorted stages of disrepair, Oh well maybe one day there will be a body shop for us .

I have that problem too. Fatigue is terrible thing to have as it is hidden and can’t be seen. I am thankful the parents and kids at mainly music accept me as I am so that gives me a spiritual boost. I would also like to know where they are so I can replace them. I’ll try the immunotherapist crew to look for me and let you know. lol

4. Louise , derby, U.K.
    Louise , derby, U.K. says:

Umm it’s taken me years to learn to stop & recharge ( about 15 ) . It’s such a good point, I didn’t listen to what my body was saying for years … I still struggle now, I just want to do stuff 😁… It’s in my nature to be active. Even now though I’m in a wheelchair I’m at the gym, out with my dog you name it but by 3pm that battery is running pretty low. But even if I sat on my bum all day watching telly I’d still feel rubbishy by 3pm , so may as well have had a fulfilling few hours. I used to get so angry, thinking why didn’t this happen to someone lazy 😏, guess that’s how the cookie crumbles ehh X

5. Pixie Boris says:

I often equate my walking to a dying battery.
    Like a robot toy that stops if you give a little shake , it’ll probably take a few more steps.
    With us if we sit a minute then we usually can take a few more steps.
    I don’t want to be the robot with dead batteries

6. Pamela L
    Pamela L says:

Penelope- LOVE this line!

“When I have a phone that starts losing its charge and replacing the batteries doesn’t fix the problem, I simply upgrade the phone. Has anyone found out if there’s an upgrade model for their body? I think it’s a lifetime, one of a kind model.”

7. Dianne
    Dianne says:

Hahahaha glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t found that secret hatch yet!

I figured that since I’m always told to slow down and make time for me and to rest that possibly there might be pixies or something that come and change the batteries while you sleep/nap. However like leprechauns I have never caught such pixies ( chasing leprechauns is a tricky matter too!)

Maybe one day we will be able to have a USB cord that we can just plug into that restores the charge (much like my phone), but until then I guess we stick with old school and lay our heads down for that afternoon and nightly siesta!