thankful

Because of you…

Two years ago I started writing daily on Positive Living with MS about the humor and the horrors of living with Multiple Sclerosis. It was a huge commitment on my part. Something I thought would be an impossibility to do. I mean, who has something to say daily, in writing? Right?!

But as the years have passed, I have discovered just how grateful I am for the opportunity to share my thoughts with such an incredible community of people around the world. I hear from many of you, read your comments, chat, giggle, cheer with you at your accomplishments and cry beside you when you’re feeling defeated. I’m thankful to be able to help wipe a tear and give a belly laugh all in the same day.

I want to take today to say thank you for spending your valuable time reading the things I put into writing and hanging out with me on Facebook and Twitter. I am truly grateful for you. When I’m too weak to get out of bed, you make me feel stronger. I hope I’m able to do the same for you.

Each morning when I get up to write my blog post, I think of you. So if you feel alone or lonely, you can be guaranteed that at least one person is thinking of you….crazy me over here in Alabama sitting in the bed wearing blue PJs and sporting a tremendously messed up hairdo, typing on my laptop with my cup of coffee getting cold beside me. See, you are so important to me that I don’t even get all dolled up to say anything and my coffee gets cold before I can finish. That should make you smile…I hope!

MS is not a picnic or even something I would wish on my biggest enemy, but since it’s here, my choice is to share my heart in hopes of easing the load a bit for others and to teach the unknowing world what life is like for someone living with Multiple Sclerosis.

Positive Living with MS takes not just my time and energy, but I spend close to $2,000 a year just to keep the website going and the emails flowing. Every time you purchase a t-shirt, mug or bag from the online store, or donate even a dollar, you are helping me reach thousands of people around the world to learn, grow and overcome the emotional hurdles of living with Multiple Sclerosis. And I thank you for being a part.

Find something to smile about today, even if it’s just the fact that the sun came up to tell you good morning…or that I’m thinking of you and just said good morning across the miles (because I am). Today is your day. It belongs to you. Make it something amazing and beautiful…even with MS lurking about in the shadows.

1. Jessica
    Jessica says:

Thanks so much for your posts, so many of them are exactly how I feel and what I am living with now. Positivity and humour does help.

2. Susan Zielinski
    Susan Zielinski says:

Love your post’subject! Thank you for your support and humor. I ordered. A t-shirt to support the page.

3. Sandra voitka
    Sandra voitka says:

Wanted to let you know that I purchased one of the t shirts. It is time I really start to accept and I thought this is a good way for continuation of your message. Me son tells me that life is going to be harder but it is not over. Your message daily reminds me of his thoughts. I am a believer that the power of your positive words can touch the core if you let them. Thank you so much.

4. Rhona
    Rhona says:

And I want to thank you from here in England. I read all of your blogs and what you write is always so pertinent to me and I know that I’m not alone with the MS monster.

A big THANK YOU from Christchurch in New Zealand. I am grateful for what you have done. It’s helped me deal with a lot of issues that I have never thought about but should have. Now I’m getting phycology a lot better and dealing with MS a lot better. It’s given me something that no other person has done so thanks for all you have done.

6. Raeann Smoot
    Raeann Smoot says:

You say so many things that I’m thinking or feeling, but can’t put into words. Thank you for being my voice and, I imagine, many others too! You are a definite Blessing. I love getting your emails and reading your stories.

7. Jan Hoback Jasper says:

I am so thankful to you, Penelope, for everything you do to encourage others living with this nightmare disease. I feel that laughter is my best medicine, and I am happy relying on you to provide my refills! 🙂

8. Mary E Slavik
    Mary E Slavik says:

I am so glad I found you. Been having some down days with the MS, also with my husband. He had large back to back surgeries and his short term memory has been affected. You give me inspiration to forge ahead. Thank you

9. Ariadna
    Ariadna says:

thank you for your words. even your far away, receive your energy and positive energy every day trouth your words. A MS patient and Friend fron Lebanon Middle East,

Best Regards, Ari Rached

10. Stephanie Gerlich says:

Thank you for sharing all these thoughts with us. Don’t worry ’bout the hairdo and just have another coffee. So will I – it got cold while reading 🙂 Your motivation reaches around all the way around the world to me in Germany. Thx

11. Irene Roeder
    Irene Roeder says:

It started out a bad day for me. Now I am crying but it is because I am grateful for you and your beautiful words every day.

12. Robert J Holmes says:

Thanks for your post it makes us happy that we are not alone we go through the same things some are hard then another but we do enjoy your post makes us laugh or sad

13. Bonnie Burkley says:

You are a blessing that comes from the heart of compassion and love. We all have God given talents and yours, dear one is to reach out and give us affirmation that we do hurt, even if others don’t see it behind our big smiles that we are trying so hard to make it to the next spot in the day…that smile, oh, that smile covers up much!! Love you so!☕️☕️✨

14. Stacy Neuman says:

It is us who thank you, you have brought smiles when there were tears and laughter back to even embarrassing issues !!! Thank you for letting us not be alone ❣☕️

15. Daniela Robertson says:

Thank you. Look forward to reading your posts everyday. I may not comment every time, may just like someone else’s comment, but you do make me smile each morning. So put the laptop down, make another coffee and have some you time. ☕️

16. Janine LeClair says:

Thank you, Penelope, for bringing a daily smile (and yes, sometimes tears just knowing that someone “gets it”) … all the way over here to Burlington, Ontario, Canada. I look forward to our time together every day. ❤️

17. Leah
    Leah says:

Greetings from Montreal,
    I am so grateful to have your blogs to read before I start my day. You amaze me…how you find things to write about every day is astounding to me. You always have this special way to cheer me up and make me feel unalone which is such a gift. Thank you for taking the time to care and share. So appreciated!

18. Priscilla
    Priscilla says:

Thanks for keeping us all motivated! We all have days we laugh, smile, cry, and are angered (that doesn’t sum up everything) but for many your words are just enough to put a smile on our faces and give us a reason to keep on moving! I still remember the first day you personally shared your blog with me in its infantile stage, and it has been fun watching it grow and impact so many people around the world 🙂😱. So thank you! -P-