one step at a time

Look how far you’ve come

I truly wish I could just snap my fingers and make Multiple Sclerosis go away. I absolutely agree that it’s not fair for you to have to be going through all that you are facing on top of having a terrible disease either. Nothing seems fair these days, does it?

But,  you know what? Even though you have MS, you are making a difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. You really are. You push yourself every day…hard.  So hard actually that you have pushed yourself right on into tomorrow. Today just so happens to be the tomorrow you dreaded. But today, this very day called today…you are going to make it.

How can I be so confident? Because I know you. I may not be able to call you by name but I can call you friend. And you my friend, you are strong and amazing. Today is not giong to beat you. You are already a winner. It’s true. There’s a gold medal prepared and ready to be hung around your neck with your name on it. Come on, you can do this.

I know you get weary. At times you even feel as if you can’t take another step let alone another breath. That load you carry and the pain you endure every day…they are real and overwhelming. I know. I get it.

Sometimes you wish you could just throw it all away. But look how far you’ve come. Don’t give up now. Give yourself a break and a pat on the back all at the same time. Stop being so hard on yourself. You are doing great. Don’t let anyone tell you any different, especially those voices in your own head.

Your determination shines through every moment of every day. Because of you, today is a good day. Keep being the person that you are and never stop pushing. One step, one second, one day at a time…that’s all it takes. You are going to make it.

1. Roland Clarke
    Roland Clarke says:

I have moments at night when I am alone when I want to give up…when the pain gets unbearable. Then I think of what I promised that I would do. Your words help me keep fighting my 2P MonSter.

2. Rev Tammie L. Hartsock
    Rev Tammie L. Hartsock says:

I’m Sorry but It’s Not Getting Better !!! I have Progressive MS & it Keeps Getting Worse & Worse !!! I Pray Every Day that God will “Call Me Home” !!!

3. Sherry Turner says:

I need it everyday. Because I’m looking for work can’t wait till something pops. Wish I could have a client with MS to make their life happy & easier sence I know what it’s like. I love careing for people.

4. Beth Genicola says:

You have some of the most wonderful posts you’re so inspiring thank you so much for all that you do may God bless you with this time of year and every day afterwards into the new year and throughout the new year

5. Mary
    Mary says:

Thank you. Your posts always connect with me and I’m always optimistic when I read them. It can be very hard sometimes, like when you’re trying to wrap Christmas presents and only one hand works!

6. Deb Vanhouten says:

I can’t give up my grandson needs me, he spends a great deal of time with me. It’s hard for him to understand at 5 that grandma can’t sometimes but he’s growing into a big helper as we do so much together.

7. Paula
    Paula says:

Inspiring and lifting, just what I needed to hear right now.

Thank you, I do my best to keep going, even when I want to give in. Weary at present trying to help look after a bouncy 5 month old lab puppy. Usual story by daughter, I’ll look after him and do everything but doesn’t always materialise. She tries her best but she too has health issues.

Gets me out of bed I suppose …

8. Sharon Rogers says:

I refuse to give up, I get most jobs done in the morning as that’s my best time of day and then I can chill in the afternoons ( where the family let me lol ) stay strong, we can do this !!!

• Connie
      Connie says:

I am with you 100 percent. It’s just toooo hard all the time. But good for my sorry self my daughter is expecting her second, so here I’ll stay I guess…

9. Laurie Demers
    Laurie Demers says:

Thank you for always being there for all of us Penelope. You are one amazing friend to so many. Sending you love, thanks and the biggest gold medal of all, because you deserve it.

Lot’s of love from one of your many friends in Canada 🙂