It’s a new year

It’s a new year, a new day, I have a fresh cup of coffee…same ole body.  Hmm, that didn’t go as planned.  I guess you can’t have everything you wish for. I tried wishing for a million dollars too but that didn’t work out for me either. I still have the same bills, house payments, piles of dirty laundry and dishes to clean.

I think the new and the old have run into each other and crashed into a pile on my bedroom floor. It even tried pulling me down there the other day. That accounts for the twisted ankle and bruised knee I now have.

I know it’s not easy to find the good around you when the tears come so easy, but there is good out there. Being diagnosed with MS isn’t the end of the world so don’t let it ruin your year before it even gets started. There is a light shining through the darkness. And no, it’s not the light of a train barreling down the tracks heading in your direction. It’s hope.

Regardless of everything happening in your world and the weakness you feel in your body, choose to go into today filled with hope. Hope is the very thing that will get you through the struggle and keep you going when everything else around you appears to be falling apart. Hope that in spite of multiple sclerosis you will accomplish great things this year.

I hope for a cure.
I hope for strength.
I hope for less pain.
I hope for laughter.
I hope for understanding.
I hope for pancakes, lots of coffee, and chocolate…definitely chocolate.

Out of everything I could hope for, most of all…I hope for hope.

1. Carla L Broadbent Rogers
    Carla L Broadbent Rogers says:

2017..MS now means Mighty Special, because we all are. Be well..stay positive…Smile.

I have stopped looking for the ‘cure’ for MS. If it comes I am ready but only if it comes. I have found all the big things in life come from small beginnings not big choices or large decisions.The largest thing in my life is my marriage and my wife. This only came about from a decision in 1979 on a dull Saturday might when a good friend’s brother asked if I wanted to go to a party. I had at that time nothing better to do so I accepted that agreement and meet someone who new someone who turned out to be my future wife.

3. Lon Sharon Wilde says:

If you’ve got a Jr College or Tech School in your town, you might try contacting School of Nursing. They may have a student for household help for experience with MS.

4. Cheryl Lindsay
    Cheryl Lindsay says:

Finally getting to coffee, sun is still shining, hoping you got your pancakes and hoping for more hope!!

5. Cheryl Lindsay
    Cheryl Lindsay says:

Thanks for this today! You are correct, I too feel positive about the new year but woke up with the same crappy legs. I will head for my fresh cup of coffee, take a good look at the beautiful sunshine and dig for hope that we will all someday wake up with out the stress and disability!

6. Judy
    Judy says:

Happy New Year Penelope and everyone reading this!!!! Another post that hits the nail on the head! Chocolate reins…. Wishing the BEST to us all!

7. Margo mckay
    Margo mckay says:

Keep up the positivity Penelope, keep us MS sufferers optimistic and stop us wallowing in self pity. Thanks