Sometimes Living with Multiple Sclerosis Can Get Overwhelming

I want to talk about the elephant in the room. No, not a physical elephant, silly. I don’t think one would fit through my front door. I want to talk about depression among people living with multiple sclerosis…

Read today’s post at MS Conversations:

1. Mary Jane Guidry says:

One of my problems, I have shut down my emotions to a point I can’t cry. It’s horrible! I think if I could cry or throw a screaming meme fit then maybe I could get back to a point of feeling my emotions. My psychiatrist said she doesn’t see anything else she can do. My counselor would agree to a date and time then change it the day before. (that happened for an entire month) I’ve been through 3 in the past year.. Wishing y’all a Blessed day.

• Val Hanna says:

See that’s what made me so mad cos I reached for help the MH team turned me down said to my GP to increase antidepressants. I wouldn’t but came to Neuro ward for assessment/rehab saw counsellor yesterday and cried and talked like nobody’s business. Last night I slept better than have in weeks talking helps and even though I have difficulty doing it myself so does crying hope you are able to figure your way through the feelings and express them somehow.

2. Marilyn Schnepp says:

Dear God, please find a cure for this awful, painful disease. It breaks my heart to see what all these gentle and kind people have to cope with. I watched my dear brother suffer with it for years and you just can’t imagine what you go through.i pray every night for all of you. God Bless you❤️

3. Roberto Rodriguez says:

My initial reaction when diagnosed with RRMS was skeptical I was still working and still not accepting my condition when I relapsed it felt like a ton of bricks fell on me I retired from my job accepting my condition was the beginning of my new way of living I have MS it doesn’t have me bless you all

4. Sue Allen says:

Sometimes i think i’m just fed up but then it goes a little deeper than that. I feel REALLY depressed for a few days to the point of going to sleep & never waking up

5. Tracy Krautbauer Jacobs says:

I have depression I’m on meds for it, thinking it’s time for a change in it though been a lot stronger lately! I know a big part of mine is being cooped up in the house so much but between the heat in Louisiana and the exhaustion I have it’s very hard to get out more than I do, talk to ur Dr nothing shameful about it if a bit of meds help then take it stay strong

6. Tom Hayes says:

Suffered horribly from depression for 18 months after my diagnosis. It caused me to kill my marriage and self-esteem and also lost 50lbs.