Don’t give up

You don’t hear many people talking about this, but my teeth have become so damaged, so broken and messed up due to the multiple sclerosis meds I’ve been on and the steroids I’ve used, that fixing them has become too costly to manage.

I have literally had two teeth fall out due to bone loss and multiple teeth have cracked and broken causing me lots of pain even when I’m just drinking a cup of water. At this point it probably would be better to just have them all pulled and be fitted with dentures than trying to restore them.

Just when I think MS can’t cost me any more, this happens.

It really is true what they say: multiple sclerosis is an expensive disease to treat. I have to pick and choose what I’m able to manage at any given time.

Sometimes the groceries are a bit scarce because I have a medical bill that needs to be paid. Other times I have to cut back on running the air conditioner as much as I would like so I can afford my insurance premiums. It all becomes a balancing act that sometimes topples me to the floor.

When you get overwhelmed and the impossible truly seems impossible, don’t give up. There may be an organization out there that can get you through the tough times or a friend willing to step in and lend a helping hand. Somehow things end up working out. Not how we thought or expected, but we end up making it.

For now, I will have to wade through the painful teeth because my mortgage and electric bills are more important. I would love to find a long lost rich uncle that could help me out, but for now I have to baby my teeth and pray that things will work out.

1. Jacqueline Wilsoni
    Jacqueline Wilsoni says:

Here is a link to the website we ordered from ww w.naturalherbalgardens.c om DON’T GIVE UP HOPE.

2. Jacqueline Wilsoni
    Jacqueline Wilsoni says:

I was having joints pain in both hands inside and outside and muscle weakness due to multiple sclerosis (MS). I was falling a lot, I had headaches and lightheadedness. I couldn’t keep myself balanced, and walk with a tremor like I cannot control my steps. I was on Copaxone, the first year was daily and later was 40 mg, 3 times a week. It didn’t make a tremendous difference for me. I’ve tried therapy, but it is not helping. I was seeking something to help regain my life to be able to do things for myself. It is frustrating when it feels like nobody is trying to help you find some relief. Through my primary physician i learnt about a (MS) herbal formula from NATURAL HERBAL GARDENS and their success rate with the treatment, i immediately started on the (MS) herbal protocol, I am glad to report the herbal formula worked effectively and there was no side effects, I had a total decline in symptoms, the joints pain, weakness and other symptoms stopped, my MS is totally REVERSED

3. Peggy
    Peggy says:

Penelope I saw this on another site but felt was fitting for this post too…”Proverbially, MS is a mountain that I am scaling one day at a time. I have moments where I slip and sometimes may even fall. The beauty is that I keep trying.” –Teresa Wright-Johnson, “The MS Mountain,” from “Something on Our Minds, Volume 4”
    ***

4. Jim Honecker
    Jim Honecker says:

I have MS for 28 years now didn’t realize why my teeth were crumbling but now I know my bills are Beyond being paid my wheelchair van blower motor I retried to refinance my house and get a VA mortgage and now my well test came back positive for Chloroform we just received 17 inch of rain in my town in the last week so I can’t win for losing my wheelchair van being fixed is my priority and I can’t get the money to do it is there any help available

5. Tiffany
    Tiffany says:

15 years ago when I was 38 I had my teeth pulled and fitted with dentures and WOW that was the best thing I ever did, NO MORE pain or pills or antibiotics 🙂 good luck Penelope you can do this:) I use to use a lot of cloves to help me with the pain or risky straight on the tooth 🙂

6. Kim Diamond
    Kim Diamond says:

Dx’d in 85. Had predisone once. Been on avonex, rebit, tysabri, gilenya and now tecfidera. Had $10,000 dental work done five years ago and $8000.00 done 2 years ago. Nobody told me the drugs or ms would do this.

7. Peggy
    Peggy says:

Very encouraging and so true. Just glad to know I’m not alone in the boat. So far only lost one tooth, had 3 steroid treatments. But already have Osteoporosis
    But i don’t think will be giving up. LOVED THE VIDEO! Hugs Penelope

8. Carole K.
    Carole K. says:

Hey Penelope,

What about starting a GoFundMe thing. Not sure how it works, but I about a lot of them these days.

Keep smiling,

Carole 😀

9. Stephen Harris
    Stephen Harris says:

I knew that MS could create dental pain (is there anything MS can’t do?) but I didn’t know the extent of the damage that can result. Another health horror that has no good reason to be in this day and age. I’m sorry for your loss.